Monday, March 9, 2009

Spanish Intensive -- Day One, or Primer Dia

Today was our first day of Spanish Lessons! We learned so much, my head is swimming! We can now name the seasons, know the articles, letters of the alphabet and their sounds, seasons, and money, we can count to a thousand, and can tell you a bunch of opposite words besides. Whew! Not to mention the whole lesson was given IN SPANISH, so we really had to keep on our toes. This is my first step towards the eventual goal of being bilingual, so Hispanic world, here I come!

The weather continues to be gorgeous. We went orange picking. =) We were actually looking for limes and found none, settling for oranges instead.



We went for a run when the wind started to pick up again, making it cool enough. I tell you, nice problem to have!


These pics are of the construction of Kriss' house, which is making excellent progress.






2 comments:

  1. Dear Dena and Jamie,
    Thanks for posting photos and updates, it's been so fun to see them! Please tell Kriss that we think her house is coming along beautifully!! Kelsey and I are very jealous of you both and wish we could be there with you taking Spanish lessons!☺ What a wonderful opportunity. Mr. De Hoyos es un muy buen maestro!! I think you're going to like Phase 10, too (at least I really like it--Mrs. Gunn) Tomorrow Kelsey and I will be taking things to the Gilmer's house for Jennie to take with her. Jennie is such a sweetie, I know you will love her!! Keep up the great posts! Dios les bendiga ricamente! We are praying for you! Mrs. Gunn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings Mrs. Gunn! Thank you for praying for us. May the Lord richly bless you and your family as well.

    ReplyDelete